We had another day of racing just to get out of the house. I could be wrong, but I truly believe I’m doomed forever at this point. I’ve decided that tonight I am going to have the kids in bed at 8 pm – I’ll be going to bed then, too, that way they have no excuse to be up and messin’ around. At least I’m hoping that’s the case.

So, as if the craziness this morning wasn’t enough, I noticed my “low tire” light came on as I was almost to M’s preschool. Dammit! I decided to stop by the local Firestone and get my pressure checked – I should have been offered a blood pressure check instead of a tire pressure check, because the guy at the counter told me they could look at my tire in about 30 minutes. WHAT?! For a freakin’ check?! Whatever, it wasn’t like I was going to drive it somewhere else at that point. I called my boss to let her know I’d be late and what I was doing, and she really pissed me off. She didn’t say anything at first, after I told her, and so I said, “Hello?” She told me she was listening. I thought to myself, What more do you want me to say? I just told you everything I needed to! Grr… She then proceeded to try and guilt-trip me and said she needed me really be at the office because there was so much to be done, etc etc. I told her that I couldn’t make the mechanics work any faster, and I’d call her when I was leaving there. What a freakin’ biotch.

Just when I was getting comfortable, the guy at the counter drew up an invoice and told me it would be $25 for a repair, if it was needed. I told him I couldn’t afford that right now, and he said he could check the pressure for free. No shit, Sherlock! Isn’t that what I asked for in the beginning anyway? Sweet baby jeebus. He told me to pull into the first bay, and they’d take a look.

After the guy “pumped me up” and rambled something about getting new tires (I’ll get them when I can afford them!!), I took M to school and tried to think of the best tire place around here… and called Big O. Unfortunately, the shop I was thinking of has been converted to a flower shop and so I ended up driving across town to get to a Big O shop. Long story short, I had a nail in my tire. The cost to repair it? $18 and some pennies. Take that, Firestone!

I talked to D.P. for about 45 minutes last night. We talked about a lot of things, but one thing I keep cracking up about – okay, two things, really – is the story he told me about holding (read: fondling) kangaroo balls at work, and when we talked about him possibly visiting a Turkish bath on his mini-vacation next week and not picking up the soap. I have had so many laughs over the past week, it’s been really good for me to let all of my life’s tension out. By the time we ended up getting off the phone, I was feeling pretty giddy.