I said in the previous post that we were up by 8 am. This is technically true, but I tossed and turned all night, first because I was so cold and then because I was too hot, so I didn’t really rest very much if at all. D.P. was up at 630 am so he took his heartburn med, and I ‘woke up’ at about 730 am and hopped in the shower. I figured I wasn’t going to be able to go back to sleep anyway. I’m not sure how long I stayed in the shower, but when I came back I layed down on the bed next to D.P. and rubbed his chest for a bit. I’m sure, since we’re all adults here, you can all guess what happened next. [I’m telling you, it’s in the air there!] We took our time getting ready to go, and checked out about 11 am, leaving our bags in the supervised area for outgoing patrons.

We walked down the street to a restaurant in the Flamingo hotel where we ate breakfast. We decided on sharing, so I ordered a four-cheese omelet, hashbrowns and toast, and he ordered 5 pancakes. We had some nice talk time while we waited, and when the food came we were speechless. You guys, the food was SO HUGE, it rendered us utterly unable to function. The pancakes were the size of a dinner plate, and the omelet was about 10 times bigger than the normal serving size. Maybe I’m exaggerating the omelet size, but the pancakes I shit you not! Of course, we did our best to devour the feast, but we were no match in the end. I wasn’t really hungry until we arrived in Denver later that night, if that tells you anything.

After our breakfast, we cruised through some more hotels, and took some more pictures. We made it a point to check out the Paris hotel, the one with the Eiffel Tower, but due to consistently high winds, they didn’t allow us to check out the observation deck. Bummer! [As I said before, the pictures I took will tell a much better story than I can do here, trying to remember all the hotel names.] I picked up a red M & M water bottle for Ethan’s t-ball practices and games, and Mary was bought two Lip Smackers (Fanta Orange and Grape) from the Coke store. This added to what I had purchased the night before: Ethan a squished penny, and Mary a necklace with her name on it.

Again, we walked and walked and walked. I joked with D.P. that he said he’d be walking my legs off… not my feet. “You said nothing about my feet falling off!!” I complained (slightly). It was a good hurt, for sure. LOL

We finally made it back to the hotel and picked up our bags. We caught a taxi back to the airport, and tried to catch an earlier flight. It was full, so we waited for the next one to go out. Word on the street (hehe) was there was snow in Denver. Damnit! Nice way to ruin our vacation… with snow as a ‘welcome home’! Bah. I was so tired while we were waiting for the flight, I layed my head down on D.P.’s shoulder and fell asleep almost immediately. ‘Til he had to go potty. Then I was screwed.

While he was in the restroom, though, I dug out a nice card I had bought before the trip and pulled out the pen I had in my bag. I wrote a quick thank you message, signed my name, and then placed it gently in the envelope. When D.P. came back, I asked him how far the restrooms were, and handed him the card. He asked where I got it from, and I told him I picked it up before we came to Vegas. When I got back, he thanked me for the card and I gave him a quick kiss. It was sweet.

[I can’t forget to mention: when we were waiting for the flight out of Denver the day before, D.P. handed me a birthday card and said I could open it then or later. Of course, I couldn’t resist, and opened it during that very moment. On the front, it said, “CELEBRATE!” On the inside, it had a message and played “Celebration” by Kool and The Gang. D.P. said he thought it was very fitting since I love music. 🙂 Very thoughtful, indeed.]

We finally got on board a flight, and headed home. I nodded off for a bit, but towards the end of the flight I’d just stare (I mean, gaze) at Dave while he was sleeping. He looked so innocent, and without worry. It was nice to see him that way, almost like a sweet angel. Alright, cut the crap, Desiree. I was bored and didn’t have anything interesting to do. LOL

We arrived in Denver safely, and he took me home (of course, I begged him nicely to stop by Taco Bell because I was absolutely STARVED at that point). He txted me when he got home, and I wrote him a message that neither of us will ever forget, I’m sure of it. That’s all I’m going to say about that. 🙂

I still can’t believe this is happening to me.